Want to learn to make your own bra? You can, with our two-day Beginner Bra-101 bra class!
We say “if you can set in a sleeve, you can sew a bra”.
In this class, we use the Pin-up Girl's Classic bra pattern, and we teach you all the professional bra-making techniques. The emphasis in this class is to learn how to sew a bra. On day one, we work on sewing the bra together. Day 2, we will finish the bra and as time allows, work on fitting issues to get you the best fitting bra. Your pattern, wires and bra kit are included in the cost of the class.
Bring a “Bosom Buddy” to take the class with you and you BOTH get $50 off the price of the class!
We want all students to have the best bra-making experience possible, so it is imperative that you know how to sew before you come to any of our classes. If you are comfortable setting in a sleeve without instructions in front of you, you can sew a bra! If you need to brush up on your sewing skills, please consider doing that before you register for this class! Thank you for understanding.
Items we provide for class:
Items you must bring to Class:
• Rotary cutter, weights optional (if you use rotary cutters)
• Paper Scissors, SHARP fabric scissors, thread snips (optional, as we have scissors in class for you to use)
• Stretch 75/11 or ballpoint 70/10 machine needles (available to purchase on site)
• 1/4″ foot or a foot to ensure a perfect 1/4″ seam allowance
• Regular polyester thread in white or a pastel color (available to purchase on site)
• Tracing pens/chalk
• Drafting paper, scotch tape to make revisions to the pattern (optional, as we have this for you to use)
• Zig-zag sewing machine in good working order
• The foot pedal and power cords for the machine above
• Basic sewing supplies including spare bobbins, a seam ripper, pins, tape measure, extra needles, seam gauge, curved rulers, etc
• Notebooks, special pens/highlighters
• Please mark all your supplies with your name. We are not responsible for any loss.
Sometimes we do have extra items in the class (i.e. tracing chalk, rulers, etc.) for everyone to use. Make sure to bring your items, just in case we don't. We will also have extra items to sell in the event you forget something, or would like to take extra supplies home with you.
• Class begins at 8:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm. You can arrive as early as 7:45 a.m.
• Bring your lunch or you can buy lunch out. We have a microwave and tea kettle in the classroom, and there is a shared refrigerator in the building. There are also restaurants and a grocery store nearby.
• Once you sign up for class, we will send you the detailed directions to the studio in downtown Salt Lake City.
If you need to cancel the class, the cancellation policy is as follows:
Prior to 60 days: 100% refund
45 days prior to class: 50% refund
30 days prior to class: 0% refund
The cost of the class can be applied to another class or merchandise in the case of 0 - 45 day cancellation.
By signing up for this class, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the cancellation notice and confirming that you know how to sew before coming to class.